The Baffled Advantage Device (BAD) is the latest product of Centurio Products Group, a revolution in the world law enforcement market, and a world patent product. Centurio Products Group, the world’s leading manufacturer of Tactical Assault Strobe Lights, has spent years in the development and research of the BAD. In the last few years tactical law enforcement units around the world have used greater numbers of flashbangs in different situations, but in most of the world an officer has the order to protect the life of the suspect/criminal, too. What is difficult now is that many suspects are wounded during the use of real pyrotechnology devices and are released by the courts!
What is the reason to use a flashbang?
It is only to confuse and to disorient the suspect during a tactical entry and to use the shock-induced moment to capture him and to bring him to justice. Since we have had sevel gunmen in schools worldwide who shoot, kill, and wound many students and teachers, the first law enforcement responder has been Patrol Officers. At last we now have a new tool for them, too, to use! Use of the BAD will elimnate suspect injuries in tactical situations! Also the B.A.D is perfect for missions in industrial areas where burn and explosive material are or by tactical entry’s in Crack or other drug lab’s, because if the use of a standard flashbang will be dangerous. The B.A.D is also a new tool for Prison Service too.
Do I need Training with the BAD?
The BAD works the same way as a real flashbang so a trained officer who has expirence with such devices will be able to use the BAD safely and effectively. If you are not a member of a Special Response Team and you have not trained with flashbangs, you need to be instructed in the techniques and safety rules. Feel free to contact the Centurio Training Academy and to enroll in a Training Course to learn different techniques and ways to use this device. This is suggested for all new users of the BAD. More Information you find here .
IMPORTANT NOTE: The BAD is not a toy! The BAD is to be used only by authorized and trained law
enforcement, prision services, military personnel, or similar operators. Centurio does not make any civilian sales of the BAD and authorizes sales only to military and law enforcement distributors or dealers. This product may cause serious damage to property or persons. Handle, store, and use this device with extreme care and caution. Use only as instructed. Keep out of the reach of children and unauthorized and untrained personnel.
The Benfits of the BAD
* 100% Non Lethal technology
* Use more than one time
* No dangeroues explosives
* No dangerous flames
* Easy to use for any one
* Lightweight and compact
* No physical risk to the suspect when used correctly
* The tube is precision-machined, aircraft aluminum construction (6061-T6)
* Tube diameter: 55mm
* The length of the BAD: 120mm
* The rubber rings surround the body 0.5cm and are part of the shock-isolation
* Weight with batteries:
* Weight without batteries:
* Power is supplied by 2 x RCR123A lithium batteries
* Illumination is by 19 Cree LEDs, each which produces 140 Lumens (total approx. 2,660 lumens)
* Centurio patented strobe technology
* Waterproof to 1 meter guaranteed
* Shock-isolated bulbs and body
* The aluminum tube of the BAD is covered by strong rubber
* Sound runs through 1 speaker with an output of approx. 110~130dB and two sound levels
How the BAD works
* Hold the “Safety Device 2″ close on the body of the BAD
* After you pull the “Safety Device 1″ ring/wire out of the BAD, it will be armed
* When you release the “Safety Device 2″ it will spring away from the body of the BAD
* Approx. 2 seconds later the BAD will start the strobe and sound
* Both will continue for approx. 8 – 10 seconds, after which it will stop automatically
NOTE: To be sure that the BAD works again in your next situation, replace the batteries with fresh ones.
Model Part#: BD666